We thought that we would share our little informal how-to that will be posted later on our website. Send us your ideas of how we could improve this little article or some more ideas on what can be put in these frames or any other ideas that you might have. We would love to hear from you!
Photos, Postcards, a child's refrigerator art, holiday themes, a photo of your favorite pet, a love letter...all become jewelry ready to grace the beholder in this versatile frame necklace. A longtime customer favorite at RoseBlossomCottage.com for making showing off things that mean something to you. A gift for grandma, a remembrance of a treasured summer vacation, or a lovely project for young ladies to adorn, the ideas are endless. These are so easy to do:
You will need:
A frame necklace (click here for choices)
Your favorite photo, postcard art, letters, scrapbooking art, cards, etc. We recommend that you copy and/or shrink them if needed on your printer.
German Glass Glitter (opt.)
Jewelry findings/flatback crystals/charms... You can even use parts of old jewelry. (opt.)
1) Purchase your favorite pendant shape (we even have the new copper toned that would look fabulous for Halloween and Thanksgiving). All come with black cording.
2) Assemble some pieces of ephemera, scrapbook materials, postcards, photos, greeting cards or whatever you would like. Open up the frame and lay it down to get an idea of what you think would look best. Don't be afraid to cut on the angle. Not everything needs to be straight up and down.
3) Use a pencil to outline one side of your frame and then trim it to fit in the frame. Consider putting another choice on the other side. Embellish with glitter (we love German Glass Glitter- Fine or Very Fine.) also available on our site. Don't get carried away or it won't close!
4) Embellish your cord and frame with crystals, bells, charms, or old jewelry parts.
5) Give as a gift or show it off yourself. It is a masterpiece and needs to be bragged about and you can tell everyone that you did it yourself!